Thursday, April 12, 2012

Non-issues

So about my sweater....

I had a bit of an issue with the armhole shaping; I got quite upset because it was not "perfect." I actually did a video blog about my frustrations, but when the solution posed itself so elegantly, I decided I'd rather not post the video....especially since said solution was also the most obvious one. 

I also had a dye lot mishap. Let's just say that I freaked out, and the sweater is on time-out for scaring me.

I would just pretend the sweater's coming along smoothly, but then I'm afraid you might want pictures of it's progress... So just so you know, it's on time-out and I'm working on a nice pair of socks instead.

Because actually?
Just as my issue with the armhole shaping was utterly solvable, my dye lot mishap was actually non-existent. I freaked out and cried a bit, absolutely convinced my sweater was ruined. I presented my sob story to everybody in the house, (none of whom actually cared) and made a big deal about how I was going to have to frog The Whole Entire Thing (as if that was a first). I even posted a pity-me status update on Facebook! And then! I started a stash search on Ravelry begging and pleading with innocent knitters to please trade me my bright red yarn for their slightly darker bright red yarn. All this, BEFORE I checked my own stash for more yarn of the right color. And yeah, there was totally more yarn in there.
That's right. I freaked out over nothing. Needless to say, I felt really really dumb.


So now?
Now there's thunder out, I'm wrapped up cozy on the couch with my kindle (Great Expectations) and I'm knitting a plain ol' 2x2 sock. I'm turning the heel, it's great fun, and it makes me feel smart.
So there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had more of the right color in your stash! I know it would be heartbreaking to get that far and have to frog it because the colors didn't quite match :( Your progress so far looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥