Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Did you guess pants?

Time to reveal my super secret project!


Yes, every day when I get home from job searching, I've been knitting an inch or two of pant leg. Did you ever really think about how long your legs are? Apparently I never did: these suckers are going on forever!!!

So.
I think this is the final proof that I am actually insane. Yes these are going to be cool pants but... seriously. Who knits pants?
 
I do.
(And this isn't even the only pair I have on the needles.)

Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease- all scraps and leftovers.
Needles: US 5 (3.75mm)
Pattern: Nether garments by Elizabeth Zimmerman. (Kinda. Mostly making it up as I go, because the increases were ALL wrong for me.)


I hope I'll be able to check in sometime again later this week. Hoping to aim for an FO on Friday, but my days have gotten very very busy. I tried to participate in WIP Wednesday as far as reading posts and commenting on a few, but I wish I had more time for it. I guess this is my late WIP Wednesday post haha. As an explanation for why I'm sort of MIA lately on the blogfront, I have been doing job interviews and tomorrow I have orientation for a position at the new Hobby Lobby in town! I'm pretty un-natrually excited. Anyways, for now I think I'll work on the pants a bit more before turning in early for another busy day tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. You're braver than I am - I don't think I could tackle pants yet. They are going to be amazing when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great, great! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to knit those ever since I saw the pattern, but I haven't braved it yet! They're gonna be some awesome pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, seeing your wonderful pants-in-the-making, I think all of us knitters should tackle a pair of pants at least once! Good luck with Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pants are wonderfully quirky! I never thought of knitted pants before... Yours are going to look great when they are finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting ♥