Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I'm so grateful to have the day off! I wandered to the bookstore today and came back with loads of goodies.
My new bookmark is better than yours :-p
I bought the new Knitscene Accessories: I most look forward to the Morgantown Hat, but the Rosita Hat is also adorable. And though I'm not much of a shawl knitter, the Avesta Shawl does look beautiful in the shade chosen.

I also couldn't pass up the new Vogue Knitting, although I don't think to this day I've ever actually knitted anything from Vogue. I do ALWAYS read them cover to cover, though. But this particular pattern stole my heart: The #24 Fox Pullover SO CUTE! Even if I don't knit the sweater, I think I will be using that adorable fox chart for something or another! This V-Neck top is also alluring and there is a dress in there that (which I will never ever hand-knit) is simply inspiring.

I picked up some new blank moleskin journals- I think the 5.5"x8" is the absolute perfect size to fit in my purse. And they are so slim and lightweight. I'm a journal freak. Truly. From where I'm sitting I can see at least 30 journals in my bookshelf!

Tarzan of the Apes jumped off a shelf at me, and at the register I picked up an impulse buy of a Tardis bookmark. Very cool!

Finally, I shelled out a good $25 for Sally Melville's Knitting Pattern Essentials. The subtitle reads: Adapting and Drafting Knitting Patterns for Great Knitwear. Oh boy- this book is chalk full of goodies. It's one of those books that you flip through and it almost makes you nauseous by how much it is going to make you think- but I like that! I don't know HOW many books I have on knitwear design, but I do know that I've read all of them cover-to-cover (With the exception of June Hiatt's Principles of Knitting because omg it's too heavy to read comfortably) and each of them has dished out it's own wealth of knowledge. You probably all know that I'm a sweater knitter at heart and I absolutely adore learning everything I can about the process behind a sweater. So I'll be reading this book over time and hopefully will find time to give you a good review of it sometime soon.



So that's what I've been doing this lazy Sunday!

In non-knitting news, my fish (Mr. Fishy) is sick. He didn't want to eat, which is very incredibly suspicious. In addition to this, he was hanging out at the bottom of the tank with his beautiful lustrous tail fin down. In fact, I thought he was dead and may have poked him to be sure. I'm grateful he isn't, but I'm worried about him. I checked all the tank levels and they seem to be mostly OK. The PH is a little low so I'm balancing that out, but I'm very concerned about him.
My son and his dad went out to the museum where they seem to be having a gay ol' time, but I elected to stay home and watch the fish. I don't know if that makes me seem weird, but every once in a while I wander over and watch his little mouth go...
I do hope he pulls through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting ♥